|Canadian Warplanes 1: Martinsyde F.6
Data current to 14 April 2021.
(Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 3390816)
Martinsyde F.3 similar to the F.6.
(Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 3390817)
Martinsyde F.4 similar to the F.6.
Martinsyde F.6. Reg. No. G-CAEA.
The Martinsyde F.6 was a two-seat conversion of the F.4 Buzzard single-seat fighter with wing and landing gear modifications. The F.6 was powered by a single Hispano-Suiza 300 hp engine, which had a top speed of 235 kph/145 mph, faster than any other single-seat aircraft of the period. The Buzzard was armed with two Vickers machine guns firing through the propeller arc. The F.6 biplane was transferred to the Canadian Air Force in 1922 for test purposes. A Martinsyde F.4 Buzzard (similar to the F.6), can be found at the Jyvaskyla Air Base in Finland.