Military History Books
by Harold A. Skaarup   www.SilverHawkAuthor.com   
 
Artillery preserved in Canada 5: Ontario, Alexandria to Coe Hill

Artillery preserved in the Province of Ontario, Alexandria to Coe Hill

Data current to 26 Oct 2018.

The aim of this website is to locate, identify and document every historical piece of artillery preserved in Canada.  Many contributors have assisted in the hunt for these guns to provide and update the data found on these web pages.  Photos are by the author unless otherwise credited.  Any errors found here are by the author, and any additions, corrections or amendments to this list of Guns and Artillery in Canada would be most welcome and may be e-mailed to the author at hskaarup@rogers.com.

For all official data concerning the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery, please click on the link to their website:

Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery Website

Note: Back in the day, artillery in Canada was referred to by its radio call sign "Sheldrake".  It is now referred to by its "Golf" call sign.  (Acorn sends)

Acton

 (Terry Honour Photo)

155mm M109 SP Howitzer, CFR 6834847, behind the Action Legion at 25 Wright Ave.

 (Terry Honour Photo)

 M113 APC behind the Action Legion at 25 Wright Ave.

Alexandria

6-pounder 7-cwt QF Anti-Tank Gun, RCA, training in England early in 1944.  (Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 4542723)

6-pounder 7-cwt QF Anti-Tank Gun in Normandy France, summer 1944.  (Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 4233179)

6-pounder 7-cwt QF Anti-Tank Gun in Normandy France, summer 1944.  (Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 4542692)


6-pounder 7-cwt QF Anti-Tank Gun, No. 1 of 2 (South) beside the town cenotaph.  (Photos courtesy of Terry Honour)

6-pounder 7-cwt QF Anti-Tank Gun,  No. 2 of 2 (North) beside the town cenotaph.   (Photo courtesy of Terry Honour)

Amherstburg

3-inch/40 20-cwt QF Mk. I Anti-Aircraft Gun on a Naval Gun mount, standing in front of the Royal Canadian Legion at 281 Dalhousie Street.  Approximately one-thousand of these gun-mounts were built in Canada, many, possibly all of them by the Canadian Pacific Railway’s (CPR) Ogden Shops in Calgary, Alberta.  (IWM Photo Q 18493)

Amherstburg, Fort Malden National Historic Site

Fort Malden, formally known as Fort Amherstburg, was built by the British in 1795 as a defence fortification to preserve the security of British North America against the potential threat of American Invasion.  During the War of 1812, Major-General Isaac Brock and First Nations Chief Tecumseh met at this fort to plan the Siege of Detroit.  The Fort also played an important role in securing Upper Canada's border with Detroit during the Upper Canada Rebellion.

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, maker and Serial No. TBC, mounted on an iron garrison carriage, No. 1.  The Blomefield 32-pounder 56-cwt Gun has a length of 9 feet 6 inches.  It is the most common 32-pounder in Canada and can be recognized by a reinforcing ring that is slightly raised followed by a definite "step-down" in the barrel just forward of the trunnions heading to the muzzle.  (Ken Lund Photos)

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, maker and Serial No. TBC, mounted on a wood naval gun garrison carriage, No. 2.


Cast Iron 9-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight and Serial No. unknown, mounted on a wood naval gun carriage, No. 3.   (Photo courtesy of Colincan)

Blomefield Cast Iron 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 51-1-2 (5,742 lbs), King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, (1806 on left trunnion), reproduction, mounted on an iron garrison carriage.  South Bastion.

Blomefield Cast Iron 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 49-3-21 (5,593 lbs), King George III cypher, (1817) on left trunnion, reproduction, mounted on an iron garrison carriage weight 21-3-22 (2,458 lbs).  North Bastion.

Blomefield Cast Iron 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 49-3-23 (5,595 lbs), (1806) on left trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, reproduction.

Blomefield Cast Iron 18-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 38-3-2 (4,342 lbs), (1806) on left trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, reproduction, carriage grounded.  North Bastion.

Cast Iron 6-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 11-2-14 (1,304 lbs), King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, PXM H, reproduction, mounted on a wood carriage.  South Bastion.

Cast Iron 6-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, reproduction, mounted on a wood carriage.  Brick Barracks.

Amherstburg Royal Naval Dockyard - King's Navy Yard

The Amherstburg Royal Naval Dockyard - King's Navy Yard is located on the outskirts of Fort Malden overlooking the Detroit River.  The site was constructed in 1796 to service the ships of the Royal Navy.  Demolished in 1813, it is now a park, located at 240-250 Dalhousie St.

  (Andrea_44 Photo)

Cast Iron 32-pounder 17-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Carronade with a Blomefield pattern breeching ring, weight TBC, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand facing the Detroit River, No. 1 of 3.   The carronade is a short smoothbore, cast iron cannon, which was used by the Royal Navy and first produced by the Carron Company, an ironworks in Falkirk, Scotland.  It was used from the 1770s to the 1850s.  Its main function was to serve as a powerful, short-range anti-ship and anti-crew weapon.  While considered very successful early on, carronades eventually disappeared as rifled naval artillery changed the shape of the shell and led to fewer and fewer close-range engagements.

Cast Iron 32-pounder 17-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Carronade with a Blomefield pattern breeching ring, weight TBC, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand facing the Detroit River, No. 2 of 3.

Cast Iron 32-pounder 17-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Carronade with a Blomefield pattern breeching ring,  weight TBC, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand facing the Detroit River, No. 3 of 3.

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight, maker and Serial No. unknown, mounted on a wooden naval gun carriage, located at the entrance to the park on Dalhousie Street between Richmond Street and Rankin Ave, next to the historical plaque "The Great Sauk Trail". 

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, maker and Serial No. TBC, mounted on an iron garrison carriage, No. 1 of 2 flanking the cenotaph.

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, maker and Serial No. TBC, mounted on an iron garrison carriage, No. 2  of 2 flanking the cenotaph. 

Arden

German First World War 7.92-mm Maxim Spandau MG 08/15 Machinegun (Serial Nr. TBC), mounted on a concrete stand beside the town cenotaph in Kennebeck Memorial Park.  Possibly (Serial No. 1842) captured ca 1918 by the 20th Battalion, 4th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF), in France; or, (Serial No. 1350) captured on 23 Aug 1917 by the 44th Battalion, 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF), at Alpaca Trench, between Arras Road and Green Crassier, S.W. outskirts of Lens, France.  (Photos courtesy of Terry Honour)

Arnprior

Cast Iron 12-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun with Millar-pattern breeching ring, reproduction, mounted on a wooden carriage, Old Arnprior Post Office/Town Museum.  (Terry Honour Photo 1, model12 Photos 2-4)

Arthur

25-pounder C Mk. 2 QF Field Gun with No. 9 circular firing platform, 12 Fd Park.  (Photos courtesy of Bob Elliott)

Barrie

 (Author Photos)

155-mm C1 (M1A2) Medium Howitzer on M1A2 Carriage, aka M114, manufactured at Sorel Industries Limited in Quebec, Queen Elizabeth II cypher.  CFR unknown.  The carriage plate reads: CARR. HOW. 155MM M1A2 CDN. SOREL INDUSTRIES LTD. CANADA (year unknown), REG. NO. CDN TBC, INSP (symbol).  This Howitzer stands beside the Royal Canadian Legion at 410 Vincent Street.

Bath

 (Terry Honour Photos 

 (Tim Laye Photos)

German First World War 7.92-mm Maxim Spandau MG 08 Machinegun, possibly one of three allocated to Bath, (Serial Nr. 1822), no data, (Serial Nr. 1882), no data, or (Serial Nr. 3089), mounted on a Schlitten stand.  This weapon was captured on 9 Oct 1917 by the 12th Canadian Machine Gun Company, 4th Canadian Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF), at Vimy, France. 

Beamsville

 (Tim Laye Photo)

German First World War 7.92-mm Maxim Spandau MG 08 Machinegun, (Serial Nr. 7931), mounted on a Schlitten stand.  This weapon was captured on 28 Aug 1918 by a Canadian Battalion within an Infantry Brigade of the 2nd Canadian Division of the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF).  No official allocation in the record.  East side of the cenotaph, Jacob Beam Public School Park. 

 (Tim Laye Photos)

155-mm C1 (M1A2) Medium Howitzer on M1A2 Carriage, aka M114, manufactured at Sorel Industries Limited in Quebec, Queen Elizabeth II cypher.  CFR 40161.  The carriage plate reads: CARR. HOW. 155MM M1A2 CDN. SOREL INDUSTRIES LTD. CANADA (year TBC), REG. NO. CDN 176, INSP (symbol).  This gun is located in the Jacob Beam Public School Park, 5062 King Street. 

Belfountain

Cast Iron Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun.

Belle River

105-mm C1A1 M2A2 Howitzer, CDN No. unknown, Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 399, 504 Notre Dame Street.

Belleville

German First World War 7.92-mm Maxim Spandau MG 08 Machinegun, possibly one of six MG 08s allocated to Belleville, (Serial Nrs. 269, 552, 3009, 3112, 5518 and 9148).

 (Terry Honour Photo)

106-mm M40A1 Recoilless Rifle mounted on an M38A1 CDN3 Jeep, inside the Armoury at 200 Pinnacle Street. 

Blenheim

 (Keldar5 Photo)

105-mm C1A1 M2A2 Howitzer.

CFB Borden, Base Borden Military Museum

 (Author Photo)

The page for artillery preserved in Ontario has grown too large to download quickly, therefore the guns on display at CFB Borden are listed on a separate web page on this website.  The photo shows a German Second World War Wirbelwind (Whirlwind) four-barreled 20-mm Anti-Aircraft Gun currently being restored by a dedicated band of volunteers at CFB Borden. 

Bracebridge

Blomefield Cast Iron 18-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 42-0-2 (4,706 lbs), (WCo) (Walker & Company) on left trunnion, (Serial No. TBC) on right trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand.  Town Park, facing North.

Blomefield Cast Iron 18-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 41-3-19 (4,695 lbs), (WCo) (Walker & Company) on left trunnion, (Serial No. TBC) on right trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand.  Town Park, facing South.

Brantford, 56th Field Artillery Regiment, RCA

The 56th Field Artillery Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery is a Primary Reserve Royal Canadian Artillery (RCA) regiment of Land Force Central Area's 32 Canadian Brigade Group based in Brantford, Ontario, in the Sgt William Merrifield Armoury, at 18 Brant Avenue, Brantford, Ontario.

Brantford

 left trunnion

 right trunnion.

(The Blue Quasar Photos)

Russian Cast Iron probable 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, cast by Foullon with double-headed Eagle, Crimean War trophy, mounted on a Naval wooden wheeled carriage.  (Serial No. 22506) on the left trunnion, Cyrillic AKCHD ZBD (AKSND ZVD).  The left trunnion carries the serial number, the name of the maker and its director, the right trunnion is engraved with the calibre, type of gun, weight, and date of casting.

The Crimean War was fought between Oct 1853 and Oct 1854, between Russia and Turkey.  Turkey called on its allies, Britain, France and Sardinia, for support.  The primary battle took place for possession of the Russian seaport at Sevastopol on the Baltic Sea in Crimea. Sevastopol was under siege for most of the war from Oct 1854 to Sep 1855, with great loss of life on all sides.  The Treaty of Paris ended the war in March 1856, and the allies collected some 4,000 Russian guns.  Half of these went to France, and about 1,165 went to England.  20 captured Russian Guns were sent to Canada and in the fall of 1857 they were put on display in Montreal before being distributed to other cities.  Pairs of guns were sent to Brantford, Cambridge, Galt, Hamilton, Kingston, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Stratford, Trois Rivieres, Toronto and Windsor.  18 of these guns survive, one of the Hamilton guns was destroyed by vandals.

Brantford, Canadian Military Heritage Museum

Bronze 9-pounder Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun mounted on a field carriage.

Ordnance QF 6-pounder 7-cwt Anti-Tank Gun, inside the museum.

 (Balcer Photo)

25-pounder C Mk. 2 QF Field Gun with No. 9 circular firing platform, (Serial No. 15947), Brantford Gunners Club, previously on the corner of Henry Street and Earl Avenue, now inside the museum.  This gun is on loan from the RCA Museum, CFB Shilo, Manitoba.

 (Balcer Photos)

German First World War 7.7-cm Feldkanone 16 (7.7-cm FK 16), (Serial Nr. 22990), captured by the 18th Battalion, 2nd Canadian Division near Villers-lès-Cagnicourt, France, on 27 August 1918.

The 7.7 cm Feldkanone 16 (7.7 cm FK 16) was a German field gun with a longer range than the FK 96 n.A.  The barrel is longer and the gun has a box carriage to allow for greater elevation, which increased the range.  It also has separate-loading ammunition to reduce powder consumption and barrel wear at short ranges, although this had the drawback of reducing the rate of fire compared to the older gun.  It was prematurely rushed into production in 1916 and early guns suffered from a number of defects, mainly stemming from the German use of substitute materials to reduce consumption of strategic metals. It also suffered from a large number of premature detonations of its shells during 1916.

 (Balcer Photo)

 (JustSomePics Photos)

German First World War 15-cm schwere Feldhaubitze 13 (15-cm sFH 13), (Serial Nr. 373), TBC, captured by the 116thBattalion near Demuin, France, 8 August 1918.  This gun stands in Jubilee Park beside the Boer War Memorial.

The 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 13 (15 cm sFH 13), was a German heavy field howitzer.  The gun was a development of the previous standard howitzer, the 15 cm sFH 02.  Improvements included a longer barrel resulting in better range and a gun shield to protect the crew.  Variants were: the original "kurz" (L/14 – 14 calibre short barrel version), the lg. sFH13 with a longer barrel; and lg. sFH13/02 with minor modifications to simplify wartime manufacture of the lg. sFH weapons. Initially there were serious issues of weak recoil spring mechanisms that would break, and gun barrel explosions.  The problems were solved with the upgrades.  The British referred to these and their shells as "5 point 9"s or "5 9"s as the bore was 5.9 inches (150 mm).  The ability of these guns to deliver mobile heavy firepower close to the frontline gave the Germans a major firepower advantage on the Western Front early in the First World War, as the French and British lacked an equivalent.  It was not until late 1915 that the British began to deploy their own 6 inch 26 cwt howitzer.  About 3,500 of these guns were produced from 1913 to 1918.

 (Balcer Photos)

German First World War 15-cm schwere Feldhaubitze 1902 (15-cm sFH 02), (Serial Nr. 871), no data.  CMHM, originally allocated to Simcoe, Ontario.

The 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 1902 (15 cm sFH 02) was a German heavy field howitzer introduced in 1903.  It was the first artillery piece to use a modern recoil system in the German Army. Some 416 were in service at the beginning of the war.  Its mobility, which allowed it to be deployed as medium artillery, and fairly heavy shell gave the German army a firepower advantage in the early battles in Belgium and France in 1914 as the French and British armies lacked an equivalent.

Brockville

 (Terry Honour Photo)

Blomefield Cast Iron 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 49-3-24 (5,596 lbs), left and right trunnions covered in cement, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on concrete stand.  Brockville Armoury. 

 (JustSomePics Photos)

 (Terry Honour Photo)

RML 9-pounder 8-cwt Gun, weight 8-1-4 (928 lbs), RGF No. 237, I, 1872, Queen Victoria cypher, mounted on a steel carriage, Newcastle on Tyne No. 1454.  Brockville Armoury.

 (Terry Honour Photo)

 (Cam Martel Photo)

German First World War 7.7-cm Feldkanone 96 neuer Art (7.7-cm FK 96 n.A.), (Serial Nr. 2267), Kaiser Wilhelm I cypher, 1898 and 1907.  This gun was captured by the 2ndBattalion on 27 September 1918 on the Arras-Cambrai Road NorthWest of Raillencourt, France.  Brockville Armoury. 

The 7.7 cm Feldkanone 96 neuer Art (7.7 cm FK 96 n.A.) is a German field gun.  The gun combined the barrel of the earlier 7.7 cm FK 96 with a recoil system, a new breech and a new carriage. Existing FK 96s were upgraded over time.  The FK 96 n.A. was shorter-ranged, but lighter than the French Canon de 75 modèle 1897 or the British Ordnance QF 18 pounder gun; the Germans placed a premium on mobility, which served them well during the early stages of the First World War. However, once the front had become static, the greater rate of fire of the French gun and the heavier shells fired by the British gun put the Germans at a disadvantage. The Germans remedied this by developing the longer-ranged, but heavier 7.7 cm FK 16.  As with most guns of its era, the FK 96 n.A. had seats for two crewmen mounted on its splinter shield.  Internet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.7_cm_FK_96_n.A.

 (Terry Honour Photo)

 (Cam Martel Photo)

German First World War 15-cm Feldhaubitze 17 (15-cm FH 17), (Serial Nr. 2914), 1030, 22671 stamped on breech, serious battle damage on the barrel.  Kaiser Wilhelm I cypher, Fried. Krupp A.G, 1918.  This gun was also captured by the 2nd Battalion on 27 September 1918 on the Arras-Cambrai Road NorthWest of Raillencourt, France.  Brockville Armoury.

 (Canadianzomibe Photo

 (JustSomePics Photo)

(Terry Honour Photo)

Ordnance QF 40-mm Bofors Anti-Aircraft Gun, Brockville Rifles, Brockville Armoury.

Burlington

 (JustSomePics Photos)

Ordnance QF 17-pounder Anti-Tank Gun, 828 Legion Road.

In June 1947, Canada had 149 towed QF 17-pounder Anti-Tank Guns in service.  These guns served until 1952, when they were offered to NATO.  Those remaining in 1959 were scrapped or became part of war memorials including at least 28 have been found and documented on these web pages.

Burks Falls

German First World War 7.92-mm Maxim Spandau MG 08 Machinegun, possibly (Serial Nr. 9368), TBC, captured by the Royal Canadian Regiment near Lens, France, 19 April 1918; or (Serial Nr. 25204), captured by the 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles near Arras, France.  Stan Darling Village Park.

Caledonia

 (Lumbricus Photos)

German First World War 7.58-cm leichtes Minenwerfer neuer Art (7.58-cm leMW), (Serial Nr. 48187), captured by the 7th Battalion (1st British Columbia), 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade, 1st Canadian Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force, West of Villers-lez-Cagnicourt, France on 2 Sep 1918.  This trench mortar was placed in front of Royal Canadian Legion Branch 154, in 2016.

Cambridge Galt

 (JustSomePics Photos)

Russian Cast Iron 24-pounder 50-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, by Butyenev, with double-headed Eagle, Crimean War trophy, (Serial No. 29619), 24.  Captured by the British in the Crimean War, on display in Cambridge on 10 September 1855, given to Galt in 1863.  Mounted in Queen’s Square.  The left trunnion carries the serial number, the name of the maker and its director, the right trunnion is engraved with the calibre, type of gun, weight, and date of casting.

 (JustSomePics Photos)

40-mm Bofors Light Anti-Aircraft Gun, J.A.  McIntosh Armoury.

Cardinal

 (jiggs11 Photos)

40-mm Bofors Light Anti-Aircraft Gun, located outside Royal Canadian Legion Branch 105.

Carleton Place

 (Maxwell J. Toms Photo)

105-mm C1A1 M2A2 Howitzer, CDN 215, 1959, No. 1 beside the town cenotaph.

105-mm C1A1 M2A2 Howitzer, CDN 38, 1955, No. 2 beside the town cenotaph.

Cayuga

 (JustSomePics Photo)

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, (Serial No. 71976, CARRON, 1807) on left trunnion, (32P) on right trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand.   No. 1 of 2 in front of the courthouse.

 (JustSomePics Photos)

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight TBC, (Serial No. 71276, CARRON, 1807) on left trunnion, (32P) on right trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, mounted on a concrete stand.  No. 2 of 2 in front of the courthouse.

Chapleau

 (Tim Laye Photo)

German First World War 7.58-cm leichtes Minenwerfer neuer Art (7.58-cm leMW), (Serial Nr. 33025), no data, AEG M1916, mounted on an iron wheeled carriage.

Ordnance QF 17-pounder Anti-Tank Gun, town cenotaph, Harry Seale Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 5.  The RCA held 138 of these guns.

Chatham

SBML 6-pounder Gun captured on Fighting Island, Detroit River, 28 February 1838.

Blomefield Cast Iron 32-pounder 56-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Gun, weight 56-1-0 (6,300 lbs), (WCo) (Walker & Company) on left trunnion, (Serial No. TBC) on right trunnion, King George III cypher, broad arrow mark, CV C K.  This gun faces up the Thames River.

Cobalt

 (Normand Roberge Photo)

90-mm M1A2 Anti-Aircraft Gun, (Serial No. 5623), Ord Dept USA WVT Arsenal.  Across from the Royal Canadian Legion. 

Cobourg

 (Terry Honour Photo)

SBML 32 Pounder Carronade with Blomefield pattern breeching ring, weight 17-3-0 (1,988 lbs).  This gun is set on a concrete stand under a sign  at the corner of Albert St and 3rd St.

 (Author Photos)

BL 12-pounder 6-cwt Gun Mk. IV, (Reg. No. 261), carriage Reg. No. 7616.  This gun was in service with 18 Field Battery, Regina.  It now stands in a downtown park.  It has been on loan since 1980 from the RCA Museum, CFB Shilo, Manitoba.

 (Andre Blanchard Photo)

8-inch Mortar, dated 1886, S. Bowling, Great t., Ch. 211, Ra: 2000 yds, Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 133.

 (Andre Blanchard Photo)

25-pounder C Mk. 2 QF Field Gun with No. 9 circular firing platform, Reg. No. CA10475, Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 133.

Coe Hill

 (Terry Honour Photo)

German First World War 7.58-cm leichtes Minenwerfer neuer Art, (Serial Nr. 7594), mounted on a round iron stand.  This trench mortar was captured at Vimy Ridge by the 78th Battalion on 9 Oct 1917.  It is located near the cenotaph in front of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 581 on Main Street.