Military History Books
by Harold A. Skaarup   www.SilverHawkAuthor.com   
 
Artillery (5) Ontario, Toronto, Fort Rouillé

Artillery in Ontario, City of Toronto,

Fort Rouillé

Data current to 6 Nov 2020.

The aim of this website is to locate, identify and document every historical piece of artillery preserved in Canada.  Many contributors have assisted in the hunt for these guns to provide and update the data found on these web pages.  Photos are by the author unless otherwise credited.  Any errors found here are by the author, and any additions, corrections or amendments to this list of Guns and Artillery in Canada would be most welcome and may be e-mailed to the author at hskaarup@rogers.com.

For all official data concerning the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery, please click on the link to their website:

Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery Website

According to the  1974 edition of ACP 125 Cansupp 1A, "Sheldrake" was the appointment title for the artillery representative in a headquarters.  "GOLF" was the arms indicator to be used by artillery callsigns on nets other than their own, especially those of the supported arms.

Toronto, Fort Rouillé

Fort Rouillé heritage plaque and overview.

 

Cast Iron 8-inch 65-cwt Smoothbore Shell Gun with Millar pattern breeching ring, weight 65-0-16 (7,296 lbs), Samuel Walker & Company of Rotherham, England, (WCo) on left trunnion, (Serial No. 407) on right trunnion, mounted on wood Naval Gun carriage, 1843, broad arrow mark.  West side of Fort Rouillé Monument.

Cast Iron 8-inch 65-cwt Smoothbore Shell Gun with Millar pattern breeching ring, weight 65-1-0 (7,308 lbs) 1843, Samuel Walker & Company of Rotherham, England (WCo) on left trunnion, (Serial No. 404) on right trunnion, broad arrow mark.  East side of Fort Rouillé Monument.

 

 

Cast Iron 10-inch 18-cwt Smoothbore Muzzleloading Land Service Mortar, weight 18-0-26 (2,042 lbs) 1856, Samuel Walker & Company of Rotherham, England (WCo) on left trunnion, (Serial No. 53) on right trunnion, iron bed, weight 16-3-14 (1,890 lbs). In front of the Fort Rouillé Monument.